- Safety is our first priority at MiTek, and we take seriously our responsibility to keep our team members, their families, our customers, and our broader community safe.
- This pandemic will redefine the way we do business, and we committed to partnering with you, our customers, to figure out how best to work together in this new reality.
- Our cross-functional response team has been meeting daily to monitor the situation and implement appropriate policies and guidelines in response to guidance from federal and local governments, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- We are putting measures in place to ensure the safety of our employees while continuing to manufacture our products and deliver for our customers. It is our intention to continue with high levels of customer service, but you may experience a delay in our response time. Please be patient as we work diligently to address all customer service needs.
- Although this is not an exhaustive list, here are some of the precautions we’re taking across our organization:
- Offices and Facilities
Following guidance from the CDC and the WHO, we’re increasing the frequency of cleaning and general hygiene maintenance—especially in high traffic and high-touch areas. We have implemented remote working for desk-based team members wherever and whenever possible, and we are implementing alternative staffing structures (such as split shifts) that will better enable us to ensure the safety and wellbeing of team members who continue working in MiTek offices and facilities. Please note that we are not currently allowing outside visitors at any MiTek office or facility until further notice. There are currently no plans to fully or partially suspend operations, unless mandated by local agency.
- Illness Prevention Procedures
We are reinforcing illness prevention procedures with all team members as recommended by the CDC and WHO, including frequent handwashing, avoiding contact with your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, and maintaining 1-2 meters (3-6 feet) distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing. We continue to encourage our team members to prioritize their health, and if they’re feeling sick, to stay home.
- Events & Travel
Effective March 10, we implemented restrictions on all international business travel. As a result, many of our leaders have chosen to postpone or cancel large external and internal gatherings, including customer events and trade show participation. Additionally, we have instructed team members to limit group meetings and gatherings and use alternative means to connect with team members and customers.
- Offices and Facilities
- We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our team members, customers, and communities. We will continue to monitor this situation and communicate with our team members and customers about our response, ensuring we continue to serve you as best we can during these unprecedented times.
- As always, thank you for being a loyal customer and a part of the MiTek community.